Friday and Sunday, July 16 and 18, 2021: Debbie Maddy – Shibori & Indigo Dyeing -Two-Day Workshop
THIS IS A LIVE, ONLINE CLASS TAUGHT ON THE ZOOM PLATFORM
– Brief explanation of Shibori and indigo dye.
– Explanation of different kinds of indigo vats; natural, synthetic and pre-reduced.
– Making of a pre-reduced indigo vat and a natural indigo vat.
– Explanation of Itajime Shibori and demonstrations of folding and clamping the fabric.
– We will then fold and clamp fabric to dye. Debbie will also demo some marble wrapping and other fun techniques. The rest of the day will be spent working with the fabrics and dyeing.
– At the end of the day Debbie will explain the techniques to begin stitching for the stitched designs.
– Short review of the previous day.
– Brief explanation of Arashi Shibori and demos on more than one way to fold and wrap the fabrics on a pole for unique designs.
– Short explanation and demo on simple stitching techniques.
– Spend the day doing any of the techniques learned so far.
– Debbie will demo more advanced techniques for folding, wrapping, stitching to resisting the dye.
The class runs from 9:30 AM-4:00 PM Eastern Time with a 1/2 hour break for lunch. The Zoom classroom opens at 9:00 AM and students should be online by 9:15 AM.
Registration opens December 1 for active GAAQG Members only.