Dana Jones designed and made Peace Cranes Over Hiroshima after a visit to the peace park that is at the epicenter of the World War II atomic bombing site in Hiroshima, Japan. This foundation-pieced quilt is based on an Origami folded peace-crane image from the International Crane Foundation in Baraboo, Wisconsin. Experience with foundation piecing (machine paper piecing) is needed for success making this quilt.
Best for intermediate to advanced quilters.
The class runs from 9:30 AM-4:00 PM Eastern Time with a 1/2 hour break for lunch. This workshop will be held via Zoom.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS WORKSHOP IS CLOSED. If you would like to be put on the waiting list, please email email@example.com and provide your full name and contact information. Thank you!
A $15 kit is required and is available for purchase separately from the Guild’s website. The deadline to purchase the kit is April 28 and the kit includes:
- the pattern with detailed instructions and illustrations
- a color-coded cutting chart
- a swatch key card
- color-coded labels for all cut pieces
- foundations to copy for the full quilt in two sizes
- foundations for the sections to be made in class printed on foundation paper
- a piecing guide
- directions on how to make templates for foundation piecing
- several handouts
(Sunday) 9:00 am - 4:00 pm EDT